Custom Home Modifications
Most homes are filled with obstacles not easily overcome by those with mobility problems. Here at Freedom Mobility, our primary goal is to solve these problems for you and help you to become mobile in your own home again! As part of our efforts, we offer an extensive custom home modification consultation for anyone in need to share our years of experience and identify areas where mobility could be an issue.
Custom Home Modifications for Seniors with Disabilities
The older we get, the harder some tasks become. Don’t let yourself or your loved one become afraid to move about your home due to the risk of falling. Our Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists (CAPS) can conduct a mobility consultation in your home to identify areas where improves can and should be made.
Aging in Your Own Home
Our goal is to make you feel comfortable in your own home again. What this means is different for every person and every house, so a personalized home modifitcation consultation is required to satisfy each individual’s needs. We look to find a plan that fits both your budget and your needs. Some of the common mobility issues we see in client homes include, but are not limited to:
- Tall kitchen countertops
- Narrow hallways and doorways
- Limited wheelchair access to bathroom and kitchen sink
- Bathroom shower access limitations
- Inefficient transition strips between flooring
- Improper flooring for mobility equipment
- Steps in need of a ramp
- Two story homes in need of a stair lift
Our Home Modification Consultation Process
So once you’ve identified you’d like to obtain a consultation about the mobility issues in your home, give Freedom Mobility a call. We will walk through your home’s interior and exterior and go over the various potential trouble spots. As certified aging-in-place specialists we have the experience to envision how your home should be modified and can show you trouble areas. Then, once the consultation is complete, we will help you in determining the best course of action to improve your home’s mobility while adhering to your budget.
Home Modification Options
Here are a few of the available options we commonly use to help improve one’s home:
- Accessibility Ramps. We offer indoor threshold ramps allowing for ease of access between rooms, as well as modular and portable ramps that help for outdoor access. Our ramps are provided either as temporary ramps, ramp rentals, or permanent solutions.
- Stair Lifts. A set of stairs can become a daunting task when you’ve lost your ease of mobility. A stair lift can be one way to make your life just a bit easier. A stair lift gives you the convenience of an elevator without the cost or bulkiness. We offer a selection of stair lifts and offer similar installation as well.
- Grab Bars and Handrails. Grab bars and handrails can be installed anywhere in your home, providing safety and ease of access throughout your home. We commonly see grab bars used in the bathroom, kitchen, and stairwells to improve safety and mobility.
- Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling. When looking to make your home more accessible, two problem rooms are always the bathroom and the kitchen. Something as simple as widening a doorway, lowering counter-tops or installing a sit down bath could go a long way.
If you or a loved one are in need of a home remodeling service for seniors in Maryland, get in touch with the mobility specialists at Freedom Mobility today!
Click Here to View Service Areas
Anne Arundel County Mobility Solutions: Annapolis (21401, 21403, 21409), Arnold (21012), Crofton (21114), Crownsville (21032), Gambrills (21054), Glen Burnie (21060, 21061), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Pasadena (21122), Severn (21144), Severna Park (21146).
Montgomery County Mobility Solutions: Olney (20832), Damascus (20872), Silver Spring (20910), Clarksburg (20871), Germantown (20876), Gaithersburg (20878), Laytonsville (20882), Chevy Chase (20815), Bethesda (20816), and more.
Howard County Mobility Solutions: Clarksville (21029), Cooksville (21723), Columbia (21044), Dorsey (21075), Elkridge (21075), Glenelg (21737), Ellicott City (21043), Fulton (20759), Glenwood (21738), Granite (21163), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Lisbon (21765), Highland (20777), Marriottsville (21104), West Friendship (21794), North Laurel (20723), Woodbine (21797), Woodstock (21163), and more.
Carroll County Mobility Solutions: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Union Bridge (21791), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Taneytown (21787), Westminster (21157, 21158), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Marriottsville (21104), Woodbine (21797), Taneytown (21787), Mount Airy (21771), and more.
Baltimore County Mobility Solutions: Arbutus (21227), Cockeysville (21030, 21031, 21065), Dundalk (21222), Essex (21221), Catonsville (21228, 21250), Garrison (21055), Lansdowne (21227), Lochearn (21207), Lutherville (21093), Edgemere (21219), Middle River (21220), Overlea (21236), Owings Mills (21117), Parkville (21234), Park Heights (21215), Pikesville (21208), Milford Mill (21244), Randallstown (21133), Rosedale (21237), Timonium (21093), Towson (21204), Reisterstown (21136), White Marsh (21162), Woodlawn (21207), and more.
Frederick County Mobility Solutions: Frederick (21701, 20702, 21703, 21709), Mount Airy (21771), Urbana (21704), Libertytown (21762), Ijamsville (21754), Walkersville (21793), New Market (21774) , Damascus (20872), and more.
Washington, DC and Northern Virginia